RSS

Recent Posts

Spring is here
Now Using Aronia Berries in Our Elderberry Syrup
Craft Shows this November
Busy making herbal teas
Herbal Teas now in tea bags

Categories

Dried Flowers
Jams & Jellies
Product Information
What's New
powered by

My Blog

Siberian Pears

I planted the seeds for these Siberian pear trees around 1985 so they are about 28 years old now.  This is a photograph of me under the trees in full bloom, taken in early May in Northfield, VT. They are very hardy trees of Pyrusussuriensis and the fruits make a delicious pear jelly, although they are fairly astringent and not good to eat fresh.  The pears are small and of similar size and shape to a Seckel pear.  Here at Lightfoot Farm they are processed in a steam juicer to produce juice for making the jelly.

10 Comments to Siberian Pears:

Comments RSS
www.odbierzbonus.com on Monday, March 10, 2014 11:40 AM
Nice layout!
Reply to comment

buy essay on Monday, June 18, 2018 8:23 PM
That's amazing! It's really shocking how beautiful a single seed can become through years of taking care of it. It's a good thing that you have shared this on your blog because somehow, it will spread awareness on how beautiful this world can become especially when we all work together to save Mother Nature. Let’s all try to plant 1 seed for each person and see how much we can change through that simple act. If we start today then definitely, we can help those people who will live on this planet in future time.

Margaret on Saturday, September 20, 2014 3:01 PM
You mention processing the Siberian pears in a steam processer. Would it work cooking them down and then letting them drip through a jelly bag? Or even a 'juicer' such as Breville?
Reply to comment

write me an essay cheap on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 11:18 PM
You have some good memories with this tree and it is good to know that this tree is now big. The flowers of this tree are also looking so wonderful. I know the day when I grow first time the plant and I missed this plant so much because we shifted that place.
Reply to comment

best paper writing service on Saturday, November 04, 2017 6:24 AM
The strong newspaper in your country can bring the evolution in your life. If there is any issue in the country which can't be resolved easily, then you can take the power of the journalism from this section of.... and can resolve your issue.
Reply to comment

emely on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 7:46 PM
Nice!
Reply to comment

bestessays discount code on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 8:17 PM
You have a beautiful tree out there. I can see that you really love Siberian Pear trees and you take a good care of it because if not, it will never turn out to be as beautiful as in the picture. I hope that I could plant some Siberian Pear tree someday. I know that it is also a wonderful choice for a windbreaker as it keeps its branches very low in height. I agree, it is now gaining in popularity, certainly because of its beauty.
Reply to comment

John trbgfvced on Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:33 AM
Thanks.
Reply to comment

Harry on Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:18 AM
There are useful information in this blog. You have done good work here taking out your time to explain in detail. quality camping tarp purchase
Reply to comment

Marvel on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:14 PM
Great to read article about herbs, which i like reading.I must say you have posted useful content which i like reading.Keep up your good work. Top quality Bux board boxes
Reply to comment